Our physical therapists at Anatomix Physical Therapy have received extensive training in the evaluation, treatment and management of Temporomandibular Disorders (TMD), Temporomandibular Joint Disorder (TMJ), Craniofacial pain, and Orofacial pain.
Temporomandibular Joint disorders are a variety of problems related to your jaw joint. You may have had a TMJ disorder for a long time without realizing it. Symptoms such as headaches, teeth clenching, earaches or swallowing difficulties may be signaling a TMJ disorder.
If you answer ‘yes’ to several of the following questions, you may have a TMJ disorder:
- Does your jaw click, pop, grate, catch or lock when opening or closing your mouth?
- Is opening your mouth painful or limited?
- Do you awaken with sore, stiff muscles around your jaw?
- Do you awaken with or have headaches on a regular basis?
- Are you aware of grinding or clenching your teeth during the day or at night?
- Does stress make your clenching or pain worse?
At Anatomix Physical Therapy, our physical therapists use a variety of manual therapies such as joint mobilizations including high velocity thrust joint manipulations, trigger point dry needling, biofeedback, exercise, and treatment modalities. We implement a personalized treatment program to meet your specific needs and lifestyle to get you pain free and reduce the discomforts associated with your TMD.
For more information, Contact us today at Hammond & Mandeville, LA centers.